Folly Quarter Middle School
Carl Perkins, Principal
Julie Rout, Asst. Principal
13500 Triadelphia Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
FAX (410) 313-1509
Director Resource Page
Here is a list of links and resources presented for Directors who might use them. I have often been asked for information on how I do this or that, so this will hopefully help answer some of those questions...
- Music Quotes. I have inspirational music quotes up everywhere. Many teachers have asked for a list of the quotes. Here they are.
- Mr. Spang's Successful Practicing Handout (from FoFQM Meeting, 3/30)
- Practicing Resources
- Note Driller Make sure that your child knows their note names! Watch them do this for you. It should be very easy for them, but if it's not, then we need to master this step before they can succeed! (And there is always some child who doesn't know the names, but can perform the notes on their instrument. This is not good enough!
- Learn to practice in only 10 Minutes! This article shows you how your child may succeed better with 3 10-minute sessions a day, as opposed to 30-minutes at a time.
- All State & G/T Band Resources
- Scale Sheets for All State and G/T Band Auditions in PDF format
- Solo & Ensemble Resources
- Free Music Writing Software
- Finale NotePad Allows you to write music and print out professional looking scores, hear your music played back, transpose parts and more!
- Free Music Recording/Editing Software
- Audacity Allows you to record music, edit digitally using crossfades and digital effect like reverb, compression and more!