Folly Quarter Middle School
Carl Perkins, Principal
Julie Rout, Asst. Principal
13500 Triadelphia Road
Ellicott City, MD 21042
FAX (410) 313-1509
Parent Resource Page
Here is a list of links and resources collected for musical and non-musical parents alike who want to know more to help their child succeed in band!
- Mr. Spang's List of Recommended Private Instructors.
- The Official Howard County List of Private Instructors.
- The Band Handbook contains lists of Recommended Instruments and their Accessories.
- Broken or damaged instrument? Needs a serious cleaning? Here is a list of Recommended Repair Shops and Technicians.
- Mr. Spang's Successful Practicing Handout (from FoFQM Meeting, 3/30)
- Practice Logs can be downloaded in PDF format if your child has lost their's!
- Practice logs will be available after Labor Day!
- A Generic Two-Week Practice Log can be downloaded in PDF format if Mr. Spang hasn't posted the most recent one online...
- Practicing Resources
- Note Driller Make sure that your child knows their note names! Watch them do this for you. It should be very easy for them, but if it's not, then we need to master this step before they can succeed! (And there is always some child who doesn't know the names, but can perform the notes on their instrument. This is not good enough!
- Learn to practice in only 10 Minutes! This article shows you how your child may succeed better with 3 10-minute sessions a day, as opposed to 30-minutes at a time.
- All State & G/T Band Resources
- Solo & Ensemble Resources
- HersheyPark Trip FAQ Page
- Free Music Writing Software
- Finale NotePad Allows you to write music and print out professional looking scores, hear your music played back, transpose parts and more!
- Free Music Recording/Editing Software
- Audacity Allows you to record music, edit digitally using crossfades and digital effect like reverb, compression and more!